Apps Crashing on the IPhone 3G
Let me start by saying that I absolutely love my IPhone 3G. It is, however, not without its flaws. One in particular had me very frustrated for a couple of days. Apparently there’s a tiny little bug that causes apps to crash when they’re opened. If you’ve experienced this you know exactly what I’m talking about. When you open an app, it pops up for a couple seconds then dissappears. After doing a little searching I found that this is a common problem for which there is currently no fix. There is, however, a work-around.
- Pick any app on your phone (preferably one with a short name)
- Delete it (hold your finger on the app’s icon until the display jiggles and an x shows up on the app
- Click the x on the app to delete it
- Open the App Store
- Search for the App that you just deleted
- Re-Install it
- Voila. All your apps should now work
I’m not sure exactly why this works. But I’ve read that it may have something to do with the way the IPhone syncs the installed apps with your desktop through ITunes. I hope this helps.